August 4, 2012

Baby shower

Today is Bear's daughter's baby shower (he will be a grandpa next month!). I was in charge of the cake for the shower and I just got done frosting it this morning. Her colors were pink and purple, so I stuck with the theme. The cake is 2 layers and I made a filling mixing some of the buttercream with some homemade strawberry preserves.

I also wanted to experiment with making onesie cookies and I think they turned out pretty well, considering it was my first time icing cookies using the flooding technique with royal icing.

I have been pretty busy with work, so didn't get a whole lot of knitting time, but did make 2 hats. I will have to make a cardi for the baby as a holiday gift knit :) hope the mom to be will like everything!



2 comments:

Cindy said...

Well, if she doesn't there is something wrong with that girl. I love the cake and the onesie cookies! Adorable, kiddle. Simply adorable!!!

Saren Johnson said...

Those are cute!!