As Bear and I ended up going out for beer and burgers with my sis and some friends on St. Patty's Day, we didn't get to do our "Irish" meal last night, so it got bumped for tonight's meal. First on the menu was to bake some Irish soda bread. I really like the soda bread I get from a local bakery and they just so happened to share the recipe online. It contains orange zest, caraway seeds and currants. So yum! These are more like scones in texture, and would be great for breakfast (they're also super noms piping hot out of the oven, don't ask how I know, hehehe)
The dinner plate may not look all too appetizing below, but it's bangers and mash. I got some proper British style bangers (sausage) from a local butcher that specializes in British meats. While the bangers were frying in a pan, I carmelized some onions, then added some thinly shredded cabbage, then made a quick pan gravy, mixed the veggies into the gravy then poured on top of the mashed potatoes. Add a cold ale to our dinner and it was delicious and worth the extra day of waiting!
Since I snarfed up more soda bread than what would probably be considered the daily allowance, I only had one sausage for my dinner and saved some of the mash and gravy for lunch tomorrow.


2 comments:
Nummers!!!!!!
It looks very good!
Post a Comment