July 25, 2011

It's in the details

I was requested to provide the details of my current WIP by Knit Tech, so here you go :)

Rav link below:

http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/sunshine-elf-hat---skotthufa

it's the Sunshine Elf Hat pattern (one of the two hats I'm knitting) and I'm knitting this for a friend who had her baby earlier this year. Yes, earlier this year.

I felt bad because she initially had asked me to make some hats she could use for photography sessions for her baby, but shortly after we had the yarn picked out, I com.ple.tely lost my knitting mojo. Thankfully, she understood and was completely ok if I made the hats a little larger to fit the wee one for colder weather later on this year to enjoy instead.

The thing that actually snapped me out of my knitting funk was this odd yarn called Marina.
My LYS was recently carrying this yarn and it looked interesting to knit with. It mostly called my name because it looked like a scarf my mom would really really like (personally not my kind of scarf, but totally up my mom's alley), so I thought maybe it was time to consider holiday knitting already since I'm always saying that I'd start early next time. So, I guess I'm starting early :)

Hope to show progress and other yarny stuff I've been up to later this week!

2 comments:

Cindy said...

I do love that yarn, too. Can't wait to see your progress. My holiday knitting is just barely creeping along;-P

Saren Johnson said...

That's an adorable hat!

My LYS has Marina also, let me know how it knits up.