It all fell apart when I began reading The Knitters Book of Wool as bedtime reading material and became intrigued by the various sheep breeds and how they knit up. So that's how it got to the point of me reading about Wensleydale sheep and their lustrous, long curly locks of fleece to me buying a skein of handspun yarn... from the United Kingdom!
It was my first international yarn purchase and I was really excited to get this in the mail. I fell in love with this gorgeous undyed, handspun British Wensleydale yarn.
It really has this beautiful silky sheen to it and I love the creamy white color. It's only 255yds in a light fingering weight, so I'm not sure what I will knit out of it. All I knew was that I had to have it :)
I'm sure I'm not the only one who has a love/hate relationship with Ravelry. I love it because there's so many projects and yarns to be inspired by and have them so accessible to you. I hate it because there's so many projects and yarns to be inspired by and have them so accessible to you - you know what I mean. You see a beautiful project or fall in love with a yarn that someone used and that's how I ended up buying my 2nd ever international purchase last month... all the way from Down Under!
I fell in love with a shawl (Rav link) that someone knit out of a colorway called Industrial Age from a yarn dyer called Skein Yarns. Because shipping was rather expensive, you almost have to justify the purchase by buying at least 2 or 3 skeins which is what I ended up doing *sinks lower into her chair* I know, bad bad girl :)
The colorway above is the Industrial Age colorway in the Frog and Toad sock yarn base.
This skein above is in the colorway Mangrove and is a Merino/Cashmere fingering weight yarn.
So now I 've crossed both ponds to feed my fiber addiction :) Must tone down the fibery purchases though, as I have plenty to knit myself out The End of the World and need to get back to my budget. We return to our usual programming, over and out :)
2 comments:
I won't even mention Colourmart;-D
Very nice looking yarns there. Sometimes it's okay to make purches.
Post a Comment