March 11, 2011

A Heavy Heart

I am with heavy heart today, as I see the continual news updates from Japan on the earthquake and tsunami disaster. My family in Japan are all thankfully accounted for, and for that I am blessed. My cousin's husband is in the Japanese Navy, so he obviously has been deployed to assist in the hard hit regions - here's hoping that he stays safe as he helps others in need.



A certain online social network has been very helpful in getting updates of people in Japan checking in and letting everyone know that they are alright. Keep your chin held up Japan, you're going to make it through this.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have no relatives in Japan, yet my heart aches for them all. What a horrifying natural disaster to endure.

Bubblesknits said...

I'm glad to hear that your family is okay. So many kives were lost and even more homes and livelihoods were destroyed.

Saren Johnson said...

Glad to hear your family is well. Its hard to realize we humans don't have as much control of our own lives as we'd like.

laura said...

You are the first person I thought of when I heard about it weeks ago ...I wondered about family and wow, I am so sorry I didn't hop right over here and say so.

I do hope your cousin's husband is still safe and my God, not in the path of radiation.

Take care, Laura