I thought Travelling Woman would be my first shawl (especially after seeing this one from Bubblesknits, but a few gals in one of the knitting groups I attend were going to start BrooklynTweed's Juneberry Triangle. At some point, I had the smart(?) idea of joining them, so here I am, jumping right in and tackling this pattern as my first shawl... yikes.
I thought I was already in over my head too soon, as I was already encountering something I didn't know how to do right from the start of the pattern: the provisional cast on. Wasn't too hard (only 3 stitches to CO) and somehow managed to get the first chart finished in the wee hours of the morning.
The yarn I am using for this project is from Liberty's Yarn. It is her Annabel DK weight, which is a 100% USA grown and milled wool yarn. This is the colorway Sadeh and it's a gorgeous reddish-orange that just has this awesome flamey-glow to it.
I'm enjoying my knitting projects thus far into the new year - first with my mittens with colorwork and now starting another first for me.
6 comments:
YOU GO GIRL!!!!!!!!!!!!
OMG how beautiful! I can't wait to see it when its done.
(Oh, and - you need to slow down on the knitting. How in the world are we supposed to keep up with you? LOL)
Looking good so far! Good for you for jumping in with both feet/needles!
It looks very pretty. Now I want to knit one.
Juneberry is a beautiful pattern. Way to go on your first shawl!
But yikes, lace pattern on both sides! So far, the shawls I have designed gives the knitter a break on the wrong side.
Woot woot!!! Look at you! : )
(And yes...I have those moments all the time. lol Early onset old-timer's disease.)
Post a Comment