January 27, 2011

In the nick o' time!

It took me exactly one month from start to finish, but I got them done before NaKniMitMo's KAL ended this month!
I haven't been feeling well this week, and asked to take a half day sick from work this afternoon. I made myself some chamomile tea, changed into my jammies and finished up and steam blocked the mittens just in the nick of time.
I've had so much fun viewing all the mittens being completed in this KAL and added several mitten patterns to my Ravelry queue. Man, some people can crank some mittens out! I'm amazed at how fast some people knit. I'm envious. But hey, I hope to be changing that this year and get more projects completed, so I'm off to a good start!

Although I ended up finding a few errors I had made in both mitts after I was almost done with them, I just turned a blind eye and let them be. They're not big errors that would bother me from wearing them anyway and I guess there's a part of me that likes having them there to remind me that I am human and prone to mistakes here and there. It adds an extra touch to the fact that they're handmade too.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Those turned out beautifully, grrl!! I love them!

yoel said...

Very cute! The stripes at the cuff are so cheery!

Saren Johnson said...

Those are nice. Nick of time? Really? You'd have all weekend to complete them. That's plenty of time.

Terrie D. (StarSpry) said...

Your mittens look awesome! I love the cuff :) I hope you feel better soon!

laura said...

Congratulations!!! They are really nice and I'm so impressed. I love the colors too. I do hope you feel better.

Bubblesknits said...

Ooooh! I love 'em!