December 7, 2009

I have a stuffed cat

a cat with a stuffed nose, that is. Frankie seemed to sound a little wheezy as I mentioned in a post or two ago when we took him in to the vet. A few days after, he started sneezing uncontrollably and definitely was showing signs of having some kind of kitty cold.

Sure enough, after taking him back in to the vet, he's got a respiratory infection and is now on antibiotics. This week has been pretty stressful for us here, not to mention poor Frankie of course. He's making honking nose noises from being congested and giving medicine to a cat is always never a fun thing to do (although we're getting pretty good with the medicine dropper now). I know we're doing everything we can for him, but I just want him to get better and eat all his food and drink all his water (he's eating, but not drinking water, so making sure he stays hydrated w/ extra water via medicine dropper and water mixed in w/ his food) and be the fun, playful loving cat that we know him to be. We sure could use some get well soon vibes our way, because Frankie could sure use it!

On a positive note, just so I'm not pacing around the home worrying about my furbaby, I've picked up the needles again (finally) and managed to finish a knitting project. I can't quite show it here yet with the holidays near, but if you fellow knitters want proof, you can check my Ravelry page. See? told you it was for real hehe.

alright, time to go - it's time to give Frankie his nighttime dosage of that yummy antibiotics. Go kill them germs!!! Will post soon with updates.

4 comments:

Cindy said...

Sending healthy kitty vibes your way. Give him a scritch for me and Esau Marie. And, I saw your knitting and it looks terrific!

Saren Johnson said...

Hope everyone is better soon!

Very pretty knitting.

yoel said...

From my kitty Cammy to Frankie--get well soon, meow meow!!

Bubblesknits said...

Poor Frankie kitty! Sending get well vibes his way.