December 30, 2009

Follow-up: 2009 To-Do List

I figure since we're fast approaching the end of 2009, I'd follow up on my 2009 to-do list...

1. Get more exercise.Be it on my Wii Fit, Yoga, walking, cycling, whatever. Just get off my arse and just get to it - nope. But right now, I feel like this:
Heh, it cracks me up, but I'm totally at that point where I'm need to either lose weight or have to buy clothes in a bigger size (and I refuse to do the latter). This year has been very stressful as far as the job front goes. I one who eats under stress and that's exactly what I did. It's all about the comfort when I'm worrying about stuff. I'm paying for it now, of course, but I took the first step and bought a good pair of walking shoes and hope to just start off on walks in my neighborhood for an hour on weekends and work my way up to a few days a week when the weather warms up. My sister lost 14 lbs just walking around her neighborhood a few days a week. I know I can do it once I actually get going on it - it's the get going part that's always so difficult, isn' tit? I roped Bear in and he's going to be my health partner as far as eating better is concerned. Healthier we both hope to become - we'll see how we do in 2010.




2. Learn to knit socks using the Magic Loop method.
Nope. My knitting this year was pretty sparse. I still do want to learn the Magic Loop method, so I'm renewing this goal for 2010 too, because I have a lot of sock yarn to use up from my stash!

3. Add something new to my baking repertoire (like pate a choux pastry or croissants, or a buche de noel for next Christmas).
Since joining the Daring Bakers, I've made a few things I haven't attempted before, like macarons and cannoli, but I've realized that I don't really like having deadlines for a hobby like my baking (unless it's a deadline I give to myself), so I decided not to continue w/ the Daring Bakers. Although it was exciting to find out what the next challenge was and seeing how everyone else did, with the pressure at work, I didn't need yet another thing with deadlines. I'll bake here and there, but it'll probably be limited w/ me trying to eat healthier and all. But at least I did accomplish a few new things to add to my baking repertoire to check this off my list.


4. Organize my crafts so that it does not take over the entire living room.
Nope. But I hope to knit more from my stash next year and I made a pact w/ myself that if I do buy yarn it's not on the credit card but from cold, hard cash. As far as the whole organizing thing, I figure my house is clean when it needs to be, but I can try to be happy with a little clutter for most days :)


5. Curb my impulse shopping.
I've trimmed it down somewhat, but could definitely still use some improvement, so I'll extend this one too. I've let some magazine subscriptions expire and removed my email address from some notifications that would tempt me into buying something I don't "need" - need to keep the "needs" and "wants" separate and avoid the wants (or at least sit on it for a while before you make the decision that you want something).

6. Reduce my debt as much as possible.
Some improvements, but definitely still needs to be worked upon.


7. Sew a bag like one of these .
No sewing this year either, except for a quick holiday gift. I want to make a few bags for my mom and sis as gifts this year, so hope to accomplish that in 2010.


8. Sew a home decor project like some cute pillows or a table runner (maybe take a jab at a small quilting project, perhaps?).Nope. I guess I'll take this one out for now and focus on the handbags first, then move on if the motivation strikes me. I had a hard time w/ lack of motivation on a lot of things this year, so hope the whole getting exercise will help in that department.

9. Learn two-colour/stranded knitting.
I did accomplish that by taking my Fair Isle class at Madrona this year. I haven't done any stranded knitting since, so I need to work on that so that I don't forget what I learned.


10. I'm going to leave the last one on my list open for a new craft to learn, like cold-process soap or something else that might catch my eye during this year :)
I have things I've wanted to learn, but as mentioned, I wasn't in a very productive or crafty mood for much of 2009. I really hope to change that and have that as my main goal for next year, to knit more and have fun with my hobbies, because life isn't all about work and worrying and stressing about it! :)

New Years Eve this year will be my 3rd year anniversary since I learned how to knit - crazy to think it's been 3 years already! Although 2009 wasn't my best as far as how much I've accomplished in knitting, I hope to make it up in 2010 and knit like hell! :)

From Casa de Java Gibber, we all wish you a Happy 2010! See you in the next year and thanks again for visiting my blog :)

4 comments:

Cindy said...

It's the journey. I always try to remember that even though it's hard as heck. Happy New Year to you, Bear, and Frankie!!!!!!

Bubblesknits said...

Happy New Year to you and yours! May our "baskets" not get bigger. lol

yoel said...

Happy New Year!! 2009 was a hard year for many on the larger-basket and not-enough-knitting/crafting fronts. Hope 2010 is a great year for all of us!!

laura said...

I read this and of course was wowed by plans, but really, my first reaction was,"HEY! I didn't know you had a sister!". :)

Good for your for enlisting Bear's help!