January 22, 2012

I've got the pow-wah!

We got our power back on Friday evening, so the house is warming up again. Thankfully, we were only out of power for just over 19 hours. There are still a few in my neighborhood without. Ice storms and wooded areas = not a good mix! The snow has melted for the most part and it was fun while it lasted, but back to the normal grind. I did have to go into work for a little bit yesterday so that I didn't have to use up too much vacation days for the snow days.


No snow pictures from the outside, but I can show you what I've been working on while trapped at home:
These are the mittens I'm knitting in another KAL. The pattern name is Winter Buzz. I'm really loving the honeycomb pattern! These mittens are intended for my sis for her birthday next month, but I really must make another one for myself. This yarn is very nice for mittens too, ver soft and squishy (SimpliWorsted by HiKoo).


2 comments:

Cindy said...

Glad to hear you have power. It's weird without, isn't it? Love the mittens!!!!

Saren Johnson said...

Nice mittens, they are very pretty.