March 17, 2010

Erin Go Bragh

Top o' the mornin' to ya. It's St. Patty's day - are you wearing your green?

I got me shamrocks here, and they're flowering too.
We've planned a "snack"luck at work for the day, so I'm bringing cupcakes that are green from the outside...


to the inside. Even the wrappers are a seafoamy green.


I'll be wearing my green handknit socks, of course.
Dinner will be done by the time work's done, as we'll have some corned beef and cabbage cooking away in the slow cooker. All I have to do is make an Irish soda bread to accompany it with perhaps a glass of beer or two.


Have an Irishy green day, lads and lassies! I'll end my post with some Irish proverbs/sayings I found online that gave me a chuckle.


Never bolt the door with a boiled carrot.

Don't break your shin on a stool that is not in your way.



Drink is the curse of the land. It makes you fight with your neighbor. It makes you shoot at your landlord and it makes you miss him.



"Is maith an t-anlann an t-ocras."Hunger is the best sauce.



"Maireann croi eadrom i bhfad."A merry heart lives long.



You've got to do your own growing, no matter how tall your father was.



Dance as if no one's watching, sing as if no one's listening, and live everyday as if it were your last.

4 comments:

Saren Johnson said...

The cupcakes look yummy! The veins of green really make them pop.

Cindy said...

Happy St. Paddy's day to you, to, O'Kiddo!

Knitalittle said...

Yes I am wearing green thank you for asking. Love you new plant. I was so tempted to get one at the store but thought I can wear green but the thumb it isn't ever green. ;)

Bubblesknits said...

Happy St. Patrick's Day to you, too!