November 28, 2009

Yikes!

My my, where did the time go??? I can't believe I haven't posted since Halloween and here we are already into the holiday season. Crazy, I tell ya!

I hope everyone enjoyed their Thanksgiving. Mine was nice and laid back with the family. No big arguments this year, thank goodness :) I was one of the crazies out shopping on Black Friday. I debated whether to go or not, but I was lured by some doorbuster items at the fabric/craft store, so I got up at 4:40am to get there at 5am, only to discover 10 minutes later, griping about the store not opening on time, that they weren't supposed to open until 6am, lol. Oh well, I was 5th or 6th in line and got what I needed, so it worked out in the end :)

I picked up the needles last night and am hoping I get at least this knitted item finished for my holiday gifting. I hope to have it finished in the next few days, and may have an FO to post soon!

In other news, Frank had been sounding a little wheezy and congested, so we took him in to the vet today. Come to find out he's in the early stages of asthma. Now I'm trying to figure out what his triggers are. My guess that it might be a food allergy that might be contributing to it, so I'm going to have to some sleuthing. I'm relieved in one sense that I know he's healthy otherwise, but I'm a little scared about making sure his asthma doesn't get worse.

I hope to be posting a belated Daring Bakers post tomorrow, wish me luck that I succeed in making the recipe. Details to follow!

3 comments:

Cindy said...

It is really nice to read a post. I miss you!! Poor Frankie. I haven't ever heard of a cat with asthma. That is rather frightening. Do they make kitty inhalers or nebulizers? How the heck would that work anyway? Oh, and if your previous endeavors are any indication, your Daring Baker challenge will go just fine!!!

Carrie Penny said...

Our dog has asthma pretty bad, but as she has gotten older it doesn't scare her as much and when she has an attack she just sort of breathes it out. It was really scary for us and her when she started having the attacks, but I am sure Frankie will be like Rio and just be fine. BTW, we still can't figure out why Rio has the attacks aside from getting excited...

Bubblesknits said...

I hope Frank will be okay. :-( Maggie has asthma, too, and we've yet to figure out what seems to cause the flare ups.